Sunday, July 19, 2009

Seneca Falls Convention: July 19th and 20th, 1848


Collective memory makes a society. I almost forgot that today was the anniversary of the Seneca Falls Convention. But I am here to redeem myself. It's usually an 'f' word to be a feminist nowadays, but really I would be shaming those who gave me the basic right to vote, and to own property among other things. I am happily a feminist who studied Feminist Theory at Oxford. So in honor of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Lucretia Mott, the writers of the Declaration of Sentiments, I will present you the Art Models Basic Rights tomorrow. The Seneca Falls Convention lasted two days, and this will too. Just know that this crucial event to women's rights began today. Please comment with what you think should be included. It's vain to think I can do this by myself. I want to be Elizabeth Cady Stanton, the radical who thought women's suffrage should be included in the document. Who will you be?

No comments: