Thursday, June 18, 2009

Health Care Reform Fun


What do you do for fun? Uh...I watch Health Care reform videos from the White House...yeah. I just realized how dorky that can be.

Well, I could write a post on societal position and the absence of clothes. :laugh: Too bad. It's health care reform and its effects on the art model community. Nudity will be a discussion for another night.

Without further ado, I present President Barack Obama.

"I suffer no illusions that this will be an easy process. It will be hard. But I also know that nearly a century after Teddy Roosevelt first called for reform, the cost of our health care has weighed down our economy and the conscience of our nation long enough. So let there be no doubt: health care reform cannot wait, it must not wait, and it will not wait another year." – President Barack Obama, February 24, 2009

Health care is a major issue in the guild we are creating. For me, it was the reason to start the guild, so I wouldn't have to work two jobs. I am very fortunate that my part-time job provides health insurance, but I look forward to the day, or rather days, that I have a two day weekends. In the discussion, it was mentioned that Americans pay more for health care than they do for shelter or food. Please read for yourself, for the White House staff is a bit more eloquent than I am. Aaahnd if you'd rather watch, here's some White House teevee.

Take care, and remember "Knowing's half the battle!"


No comments: