Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Give thanks to those who protest.


I told you in the last post that I was deathly ill. Nah, just a fever and a cold. Anyway, I've had bundles of time to read. Right now it's Women's History that I'm reading about. I'm so thankful for the women and men who advocated rights I sometimes take for granted.

In Paris, models are protesting a ban on what is called a 'cornet.' Basically, the French government is making their tips illegal. In that spirit I want to thank all who protest for their rights. I personally am thankful for the Austin art models who brought our wages up to $15/hour. Thank you.

Please read these news articles of models in Paris and earlier in Italy fighting for their rights and recognition. We deserve it. Speaking of which, if anyone else has problems with getting paid by Austin Community College, please email me. Alone I just sound annoying, but together we could make a difference.

No comments: