Friday, April 2, 2010

spring habit.002

I'm waiting for my nails to dry.  Beauty can be annoying in that it is so time consuming.  Ah well, multi-tasking works.

About a month ago I stumbled upon a tragic slideshow of birds.  It's a bit morbid, but needs to be seen.  Chris Jordan documents dead birds in a remote island in the North Pacific.  The birds decomposed before the plastic in their stomach did.  It's scary to see how our plastic garbage can end up in the vast stretches of our globe.



I'm definitely not perfect.  I use plastic and such, but if all of us do one thing each day to help...well...the world might be a prettier place.  Start with your toothbrush.  All throughout my life I've used regular plastic toothbrushes.  About 2 years ago I found a brush that has disposable bristles.  It's less plastic being thrown away every couple of months.  If you know how to recycle toothbrushes let me know, but for the time being: fuchs toothbrushes found at Whole Foods Market.  My boyfriend and I have been using them for awhile and enjoy them as much as you can enjoy a toothbrush.  Refills are here too on Amazon as well as the aforementioned.

No comments: