Monday, June 22, 2009

The Focus of a Photograph


I would add a picture, but I think it would counterproductive to my point. Beauty, culture are intricate to a society...just not ours. There are many islands in the United States where this is not true, but for the most part we're obsessed with movies and celebrities.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite. I love Angelina Jolie. I try to support her by buying magazines with her on the cover. All the strength and compassion she represents should be part of our media. I hate how we, or even just I, can be saturated with media, though. There are so many photos of celebrity tattoos, but more importantly of their bodies. People were obsessed about how fat Britney Spears once was. It's just sometimes I wish I had mosaics surrounding me instead of billboards of pretty faces. I don't want to be another model whose cute ass is the discussion of blogs instead of ...well... loftier things. :laugh:

No comments: