Tuesday, July 20, 2010

indiana.88085

Got lost again.  Cornfields are always good for that.

Driving in Indiana is almost like losing your way in a field; on either side of the road there are fields and fields of corn with a slight chance of alfalfa.  The upside is that I'm learning the roads instead of using a GPS.  But until I learn where 121, 35, 1, and 570 go; I'm lost.

I was in Piqua, Ohio today and will gladly be there tomorrow.  Yesterday, I got lost on the way back from Indianapolis (known here as Indy) and landed a ways North of my town, Winchester.  Today I was a lady and asked for directions, but still got lost.  I'm learning and racking up a lot of milage.

3 comments:

Theresa Taylor Bayer said...

What a beautiful photo of Indiana! I love the colors and textures of the sky and field.

I get lost, too. Usually it's on the way home from a gig, in the dark, when I'm tired. I've learned to take a map along instead of just writing down directions, because when I'm tired my brain can't reverse the directions!

Here's to learning the roads, too. Great metaphor for life.

Unknown said...

The way I see it, I am never truly lost, because I know exactly where I am. Here and now.

I get lost often, and its great, because the next time I am in that place, I know the way.

BTW chica, I love your blog. One day I want to start one up. I think it'd be fun!

Amanda

Unknown said...

Here's to learning the roads, too. Great metaphor for life. - Theresa

I love that. There is so much out there to explore and really see. You know you're home when you look at the same clouds and see their beauty for the first time. Granted, clouds move but you get my point.

And Amanda, you're right. Wandering is the only way to learn an area. The whole reason I allow myself to get lost is so I learn. Glad you are too. Email me the link to your blog when you get started!

-Wavie