Tuesday, July 13, 2010

indiana.87633

This post will be entirely about cars.  For those like me, who cannot tell a Chevy from a Subaru, leave.  But if you have the slightest inkling on how to make it as a model in the midwest, stay.


My odometer currently reads 87633.  I live in Winchester, Indiana which is a blessing in many ways, but in terms of my car it's a midway point for all my gigs.  Last Thursday I drove to Indianapolis to model at the Indianapolis Art Center - over 42 miles one way.  That trip definitely puts the drive to Georgetown from Austin in perspective (44 miles roundtrip).  I model in Piqua, Ohio which is about the same milage in the opposite direction.  It's kind of a blessing for you that I don't have the exact milage to each gig, but I write it down in a notebook in my car.


Why? When I was filing my taxes this spring I got $400 back for the miles I drove in 2009.  I read somewhere that the government pays you 25 cents per mile driven to contracting work.  If you model for ACC, you are a contractor and should write it down.  I got a savings account out of it.


I'll keep you posted on how my car is doing.  Her name is Pelirroja Peligrosa and she got me to Indiana for under $200. According to Jalopnik if you buy a Chevy Aveo, you can get a free Autobot.  Wish I had known, my boy loves Transformers.  Have a good day. 87633.

2 comments:

Laura Grimes said...

Be sure to say hi to my mom while you're in Indianapolis :)

From 1961 to 1968 I lived in inner city Indianapolis, on LaSalle Street. In 1968, I moved in with my father and step-mother in Little Rock.

My mother now lives in an apartment complex for seniors. So glad she doesn't live in the old neighborhood anymore!

Unknown said...

Will do!