Thursday, April 1, 2010

spring habit


I love cleaning. Some of my happiest moments were cleaning First Samples of Austin, Texas. I was a girl friday among other things, but mostly a janitor. The place was beautiful and full of hope: you can become a seamstress in this beautiful school. I miss it actually.

So this cleaning business. Humble, dirty, and devoid of respect, but I think it is important in my life. And so it shall be that I will devote two hours of each day to beauty. Whether it is my bathroom tile or my hair does not matter. I'm making April a trial run of this. Let's see if I can make it. I'm a supposed model writing you with chipped nails and dirty hair.

The inspiration for this is the Dalai Lama. I'm reading the Story of Tibet by Thomas Laird. His holiness devotes four to five hours daily to meditation. I can spare two for what I feel is important spiritually.

portrait by dorje-d

No comments: