Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nellie Bly

I introduce to you Nellie Bly. She was the journalist who ventured around the world solo in a time when women were usually chaperoned. In fact, she beat the fictional Phileas Fogg's record of 80 days by over a week in advance: 72 days 6 hours and 11 minutes. Nellie Bly will be our tourguide of the world in the days to come, but for now, we're packing.

Nellie Bly traveled lightly. She carried a bag that's dimensions were 16 inches wide and 7 inches high. Inspired by her I bought a really pretty, but tiny duffel bag. It is long like hers and about the same dimensions aforementioned. I carry it on long trips like Nellie, but for the most part I use it for modeling.

Hmm...what to wear? Yes, you all know the answer to that when it comes to my work. But I do bring cloth(es) to work. There is the sitting mat which I have, because not all the places I model launder the cushions I sit on. My robe is also packed and a case of CDs. When all are in use, my clothes stay concealed. Believe me, it's really awkward fishing out your business card with underwear in the same bag. Hence the second bag. Well, it's getting late. I should finish packing. G'night!

No comments: